Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Wednesday 25 April 2007

Oh the guilt!

OK so after a couple of cuddles and me spraying her stuffed monkey with my perfume I dropped Ruby off at the V.E.T, I then cried all the way home....HOW DO THEY KNOW?......we go in the car almost every day and she is fine, today I put her in the car and she is shaking like a leaf.....now unless she read yesterday's blog she can't possibly know we were going to the Vet!!!, the Vet asked me for a number to use in an emergency which really put me at ease, but I am telling myself they do this procedure every day so don't be a drama queen! I did stop at the local shop and composed myself enough to go in and buy her a roast chicken breast as a treat. Now of course every time the phone rings I have to swallow my heart back down into my chest. Roll on three when I can call to pick her up. You have to understand that this is the dog that when I got her wasn't allowed on the sofa or upstairs, and for whom now I have had to buy a double bed so there is room for us both, this small white dog who insists on sleeping sideways still has more of the bed than me.

My friend called over as she is painting my fence for me, but I had bought the wrong darn colour, I would just like to say to Cuprinol (other brands bla bla) what is it with all these colours, it always used to be brown, that horrible ceder red colour and then later the green and blue, now we have Rustic Brown, Harvest Brown, Forest Brown anyway all I remembered was the something brown bit, and came back with the wrong one, much to my friends dismay as she was all dressed in paint splattered clothes ready to start and I'm not leaving the house to change the paint in case the Vet calls. Anyway a couple of coffees and a bit of girlie talk later she has gone and will return at the weekend when hopefully I have the right brown!.

Decided to keep myself busy now by sorting out my food cupboard (or the cupboard of death as it is known), as right now if you open it you can guarantee, either the jar of tarragon, a pot noodle from before the war, or the nutmeg grater will fall on your head. Oooo that jar of tarragon says best before July 2000........

Keep smiling
Marmite Girl xx

No comments: