Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Thursday 26 April 2007

Best Laid Plans eh???

OK - I admit it I never got the cupboard of death sorted, my Brother and Sister-in-law came down with the baby seat as I am babysitting my gorgeous niece Cara this weekend, so more coffee, more chat, a couple of slices of carrot cake, and me saying "seen as you are here please can you fix my gate, the latch is broken". Gotta love my brother....the babysitting conversation goes something like this:

HIM " Can you babysit this weekend"
ME: " yes when"
HIM: "we'll drop her off Friday morning you can bring her back Sunday" then he puts the phone down muttering something about thank God we can have a lie in, and I realise I won't.

Not that I mind in the least, I love having her, she is 16 months old and an absolute doll, one smile from her is like someone giving you a million quid, although I do draw the line when he walks in looks at my calender on the kitchen wall, sees I have nothing on and pencils in when I'm looking after her without telling me.

Then I got a mail from my American Mom Emilie, and read and answered that, and by then it was already 2pm and time to call the V.E.T to see what time I could pick up Ruby (sans engine).

The vet confirmed she was fine...of course I knew that all along, and I could pick her up after 4pm.

So instead of starting on the cupboard, as by my calculations it was far more than a 2 hour job, I went off in search of cuprinol and the correct brown. I came back with Hello Magazine, and a chicken Balti from M& S (OK so I was swayed by the free balti dish enclosed) and still no flamin Harvest Brown 5 year ducksback stuff, every colour but that was in stock of course.

So 4pm had arrived , didn't want to seem ridiculous so waited until 10 past! Out comes my little white girl with a huge collar on giving me a "how could you?" look, the money I spent on the lovely babypowder smelling groom she had yesterday had been wasted as she now smells of TCP! The vet broke the news that it was £107! after I got up off the floor, I managed to enter my pin number, I lifted her into the car, and brought her home. She spent the rest of the evening in her basket (where she only usually goes if she has been naughty) staring at me and trying to get the collar off, while I was trying to feed her the special roast chicken breast........ which she managed no problem. I had the chicken balti, (and now have another dish I won't use to add to my cupboard of death) a couple of glasses of vino, watched Desperate Housewives and went to bed.

So plan for today.......still in search of harvest brown cuprinol, going to have to go into the big smoke (that's Cardiff not London) branch of the store where they all wear orange outfits, if they don't have it, then one side of my fence is going to be a different flamin colour, I think designers call it a "feature wall"

Keep smiling
Marmite Girl xx

No comments: