Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Sunday 29 April 2007

Ok it had to happen....

So I swore to myself never to mention Market Kitchen as I have made my thoughts known elsewhere, but I can't help it, now you all know I am a huge GFL fan and a huge JB fan, and like everyone else I gave the new show a go, well I tried twice, and just couldn't do it, it's actually painful to watch, the cameraman is left over from the Blair Witch Project, the presenters are wooden, and look this is what I learned from GFL ...... I learned beautiful goulash and eastern european dishes from the fabulous Silvena Rowe , I learned gorgeous desserts from Andrew Nutter (my cheesecake is famous), I learned what wine went with what, so I looked like I knew what I was talking about from Ollie and the nice thin lady (I'm rubbish with names) I could go on, but what I am trying to say is that I did LEARN. What do we get on MK? fish pie, cottage pie, how to chop chives etc...things the average person learned in school. Anyway what caused this rant? (you can tell it's a rant by the lack of punctuation!) well, I was watching Barefoot Contessa ....the only thing worth watching on that channel now, and then I turned off the TV while I bathed, gave supper, and put to bed my gorgeous niece, anyway when I sat back down and put the TV back on, Market Kitchen was on, they spent half the programme showing two people selling ice cream and how to set up a market stall......well forgive me but if I want to watch market stalls, I can a) go to a market or b) watch Eastenders!

OK rant over.

So what else has been going on, well I have spent the weekend looking after said niece which has been a joy, we have been to the beach, the park, we have sung songs and had a great time ( I have to stop for a sec as gorgeous niece has tipped a bowl of cheerios over her head....dry ones fortunately) Now I am quite good at entertaining children seen as I am still one myself....I am a firm believer of the saying "Growing old is inevitable...growing up is optional" but to all the people who say not to let your kids watch TV, I would like to say this .....if it wasn't for Lazytown, The Shiny Show and Balamory I wouldn't have washed my hair for three days!!! Other moments have included me asking Cara to put her babygrow in the wash basket, she put it in the toilet! then while I was washing dishes, she had hold of my mobile phone, it was pressed to her ear, while she went "yep, yep, yep, yep ok bye (I wonder who she has been listening to?) I know I'm biased but I think that's quite smart for 16 months, and then of course there has been the continuous nose wiping, bless her.

As for Ruby, well her behaviour has become a little erratic, she seems to be living upstairs at the moment and taking all her little stuffed toys up there one by one, maybe she knows she will never have puppies. when she is downstairs she seems to be constantly whining......that's one for the Vet I think.

And (yes I know I can't start a sentence with and) the fence, well that is finished my friend did a fantastic job and my garden is now open for parties.

I'm off now to make the Sunday roast for the family....that's one tradition we keep , everyone has Sunday lunch at my parents including Ruby and Cara.

Keep smiling
Marmite Girl xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Marmite Girl.
I have taken example from you and created my own blogger account today. I'm sorry to have the same background but I am quite girly and the other options seem a bit business-like. Anyway, I've mentioned you in my 1st blog - have a look if you can!
Hope you're well and enjoying your roast.
Ruth x