Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Tuesday 1 January 2008

The best weekend ever!

I know I have been a little sporadic at this lately, but it took so long to do the African bits I can't remember what the heck has been happening , work has been busy, I have been busy. I did have a lovely Christmas, and this weekend has been BRILLIANT. My good friend CJ bought us all surprise tickets to see Cinderella at the Old Vic in London, it was written by the genius that is Stephen Fry (why didn't he get a Knighthood???), by the time we left my sides hurt from laughing so much, Sandy Toksvig was amazing, it was very near the knuckle and far funnier than any Panto I have seen or been in.

After the Panto we had a wander around Selfridges but it was too hot and too busy, I must admit to being the kind of person that would rather pay full price and go shopping when it is quiet! After Selfridges we went back towards the Old Vic to eat at Baltic - Silvena Rowe has long been my favourite TV Chef and we are facebook buddies, so I chose Baltic where she is Executive Chef . We had travelled all the way from Wales to go, and by heck we weren't disappointed, the vodka, especially the cherry was awesome, the atmosphere was buzzing but not overbearing, the staff were all friendly, helpful and professional, and the food.....wow, it was exquisite, there wasn't a drizzle of daft dots of sauce to be seen, it was good, honest, extremely tasty food and there was certainly none of the ridiculous "London" prices you see elsewhere, I would highly recommend it (especially the pierogi) but I warn you go hungry! there are no "chefy" portions here. I can't wait to back and try something else.

To top off an already brilliant day I actually got to meet the wonderful and lovely Silvena herself, she was sitting on the table next to us with her cousin. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful and lovely she is, we spoke for ages, and then she sent over a vodka for us all. Then when she was leaving came back over to our table to say goodbye, can't see Gordon Ramsey doing that myself! I'm still reeling from the excitement.

Wishing you all a happy, healthy and prosperous 2008
Love
Marmite Girl xx

No comments: