Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Monday 21 January 2008

Blue Monday....

So today it was "Blue Monday" I woke up feeling better than I have all week, I came downstairs and put the radio on, then turned it off, then put the TV on, then turned it off.....Why? you may ask, because all they were harping on about was Blue Monday....I started to think, yes it's a long time til payday, yes I'm fed up of the weather, yes I overspent at Christmas, yes I have already broken two of my three resolutions, that coupled with the fact I have been really poorly this week and stuck in the house meant that by eleven O clock I felt like Eeyore with a big grey cloud over my head!

I made some coffee and miserably sat on the sofa where I have spent most of last week, Ruby (who has had to be content with me half heartedly throwing the ball around the living room for a week cause I wasn't up to taking her for a walk) jumped on my lap, she has this amazing knack of knowing if you are miserable, which thankfully (as I do tend to be a really positive person) isn't very often. Anyway I thought "get off your lard arse and take this pup for a walk". So despite the weather I donned my wellies and big Jack Murphy (other wax type coats are available) outdoor coat and trundled off on our usual route.

The usual route takes us past the cemetery and I found myself thinking, any one of those people in there would gladly swap places with you right now so get a grip, and you know what that grey cloud lifted, it's very easy to forget just how lucky you are sometimes even if things are not going your way.

I came home, washed the dog, washed me, made a cup of earl grey and put Hairspray (the DVD not the product) on the DVD player and laughed and sang along.

So you see Blue Monday.......not so blue after all !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marmite,
See, people do read your lovely blog!!
Thanks for the recipes. Hope you are feeling better and I'll be thinking of you!
Love
Chrissie x x