Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Thursday 21 February 2008

A busy weekend ahead.

It's going to be a busy weekend, Friday night we are having a 60th birthday party for my Mum, six years ago she had two brain hemorrhages, we didn't think she would survive, but she has, however she has no short term memory at all, she can remember things from a long time ago but not things from two minutes ago. My Dad is amazing, a lesser man would not be able to cope and I can't tell you how proud of him I am, as Mum needs a lot of care and my Dad does it all and never complains. It has been a tough six years. I go to see them every Sunday to make a roast dinner, and my Dad goes to the local pub for a couple of hours for a break. So the party is as much for him as my Mum, I've got the cake, the balloons and the decorations, so I'll be spending the day decorationg the room, and the evening celebrating my Mother.

Saturday my very good friend CJ (her of the safari trip) has got me a ticket so I can go and watch Wales play Italy in the Rugby at the Millenium Stadium, I am ridiculously excited about that, Rugby is the only sport I watch and then only the six nations. We are meeting in Cardiff for lunch and then going to the stadium, I think that we may manage a bottle of champagne as well. The last game I was babysitting my gorgeous Niece Cara, so I got her a matching rugby shirt and we cheered Wales together.


Then Sunday I'll travel back up to the parents to make the Sunday roast as usual. So it looks like my pile of ironing (that is starting to resemble the leaning tower of Pisa) will have to wait until next week!
Hope you all have a great weekend

Keep Smiling
Marmite Girl xx

No comments: