Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Monday 6 August 2007

The day I was Frank Spencer!!!

It started yesterday when I thought....Oooo the sun is out I'll wear my sandals, got to my Mum & Dad's ready to make the dinner, and they were sitting outside so I went to go up the step, the front of my sandal caught the lip of the step and down I went like a wounded gazelle.....or a stunned hippopotamus as my Brother said nice huh?? Cut hand and knee! Then I made a drink with ice for everyone, didn't notice that I had dropped an ice cube, so when I went back into the kitchen with it's tiled floor slipped over on the ice cube! Bugger this I though and took off said sandals and walked around bare foot, then as I closed the fridge door, managed to get my toe under the door and scraped off all the skin......"For God's sake" I said to my Sister-in-Law, "don't let me pick up Cara today". I thought oh well it all happens in threes I'll be fine now..........famous last words, Dad and Steve came back from the pub, I dished up a delicious dinner, and then my Dad said that looks nice - what happened to the starter, it was in the oven I had forgotten about it! Anyway we had the main for starter and the starter for main course, I had taken up some of the muffins I cooked on Saturday for dessert, my Brother reckoned it wasn't a real dessert, that muffins were for a cup of coffee and a snack at 4pm, so I chucked two muffins in a bowl and poured cream over them and said "They are now!"

Got home and decided to dye my hair....see I know I should have stopped myself after the day so far, but I though what else can go wrong, well I had half dyed my hair when the dye bottle jumped out of my hand, hit the basin, bounced off the toilet lid and splattered all down the lemon wall (which now needs re-painting) After this incident I moulded my backside to the sofa and refused to move until bed-time.

I think I slept it off, today has been OK, the muffins were extremely well received by my work buddies (note to self next time make double raspberry and white chocolate to banana nut) Greg has now taken to requests, next time can you make old fashioned butterfly cakes or anything with hundreds and thousands, muffins apparently are too healthy!

Right I'm off to water the plants.
Keep smiling
Marmite Girl xx

No comments: