Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Friday 3 August 2007

Why put off til tomorrow ...bla bla bla

Had a great weekend, had a cleaning frenzy, I was like a woman possessed did the whole house, changed all the beds...OK it was only because my Brother, Sister-in-Law and Cara were coming over, but I still did it. Had a lovely evening Saturday, my Brother (who is a bit "chefy") made a fabulous dinner which included a whole wheel of Camembert cooked until melted, ripped open and then we just dunked in crusty bread. We had a perfect rare steak, with asparagus drizzled in lemon oil (well drowned in lemon oil - the same lemon oil that cost me £8 from the food fair that I've since seen it in Tesco for £1.99) and a potato gratin which would have been potato and celeriac if the guy in Tesco knew what celeriac was!! Sunday as the weather was lovely we took the Cara and Ruby to the beach and I'm not sure which one of them had the best time, but they both ended up soaking wet and covered in sand. We ended a lovely weekend with the traditional family roast at my folks house, where I stood in the glass lean to, over 4 gas rings and the oven on full sweating like a glass blowers ass! Sorry but it was WAY passed "slightly glowing" still the dinner was lovely.

Well the diet didn't start Monday ....well it did and it was over by Wednesday, I can't help it I'm a foodie! The NVQ assignment still isn't done, the grass isn't cut, the ironing pile looks like the leaning tower of Pisa and all the dust I cleaned up on Saturday is back but to be honest it has been incredibly busy at work and I haven't been getting home until 7pm most nights, by the time I've walked the dog, and made something for tea it's almost bed time.

I did decide to have a really early night on Tuesday so went to bed, went straight to sleep, then was woken at 1am by the dog making heaving noises, I dived out of bed but too late she had been sick all over the bed covers, I picked her up and started to run downstairs to put her out, and wouldn't you know it, another heave and it was all down the stairs, I know I shouldn't let the dog sleep on the bed, but she always has, and I love it. Anyway upshot of my early night was I went to bed at 2.30am after stripping the bed, and cleaning the stairs!

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend but I really do have to do my NVQ assignment on mentoring if nothing else.

Have fun, you deserve it!
Marmite Girl xx

p.s Apols to Jeni B for mentioning Tesco but we don't have any local shops left!

No comments: