Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Thursday 26 July 2007

Big, Blonde and Beautiful..

Well OK, not blonde, and not beautiful, but big......Just been to see Hairspray and have to say it was fabulous. I saw it on Broadway for my birthday a couple of years ago and was amazed,I had never seen the original film, and after seeing the show on Broadway had rushed onto EBay and bought it, and was sorely disappointed as it wasn't a musical, and honestly if I had seen the original film before I got to Broadway I would never have picked that show to go and see, so if you were less than impressed by the original film I urge you to go and see the new one. The casting was brilliant, the songs catchy to say the least and by the time I left the cinema my cheeks hurt from smiling...well that and biting my tongue so I wouldn't sing along to all the songs (well I was under threat of severe and painful death from Sarah and Moyna if I did!)Anyway Big, Blonde and Beautiful has one of my favourite song lyrics of all time....being a little buxom myself....and it is (I may be paraphrasing here) " Who wants a twig when you can have the whole damn tree?"

Other than that just been extremely busy at work, and playing with Sky +, Drama group did get together last night for a end of season meal, and a discussion over what to do next, not sure anything was decided.

My Brother, Sister-in-Law and Cara are down this weekend so I can't wait....The Dora the Explorer quilt has been washed and ironed ready, I have petit filous in the fridge to make her bones grow strongerer, and the fact that I get the sofa to sleep on is a small price to pay for a family weekend.

So just to reiterate, if the weather is getting you down....(I swear I could grow rice in my front lawn now it's under water) then go and see Hairspray, you'll come out smiling I bet ya!

OOOoo and all you Jeni Barnett fans don't forget her new slot on LBC Radio on Saturday six til eight (pm)

Lots of love
Marmite Girl xx

No comments: