Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Saturday 7 July 2007

Accidental Road Rage....

So I was driving home from work yesterday, going around a roundabout when some idiot beeped me, so without thinking I held up my fingers to show there were TWO lanes ....of course then he flipped me the bird, in retrospect I guess holding up two fingers and shouting TWO lanes probably did look like road rage but it wasn't honestly.........

One of my friends this week asked me if I could choose only one book, one DVD and one CD to have which would they be, and I have to say I have had real trouble choosing. I suppose you are expected to say things like War & Peace or Catch 22 or some documentary type film that made a huge differrence but hey I'm going for pure entertainment! I had trouble deciding between a "real" book and a cookery book as I love reading recipes, but I guess the book would be The Final Confession of Mabel Stark, the DVD gave me a bit of trouble, but there is one film I always watch if it's on, even though I have seen it many times and that is Divine secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, the CD gave me the most trouble, I love a bit of Rachmaninoff, and a bit of snow patrol, and then there's Barbra Streisand (I'm off to see her on the 18th I'm excited my bank account isn't!) but in the end I picked a compilation of Broadway songs so I could sing a long, not sure what it says about me, but it's really tough to just choose one of each!

I have my Niece this weekend and as the sun is finally out took a trip to Cardiff Bay to see the boats, and we met my friend Teresa for coffee, can't remember if I had a cappuccino or mochaccino or al paccino but it was lovely, Cara was the entertainment though, her Mum & Dad teach her all the clever things like numbers and colours, so far I have taught her "take a bow", "jazz hands" "work it" (she puts her hands up to her cheeks and looks so cute!) and if you say "what do you think of the show" she shouts RUBBISH! There were some builders doing a bit of drilling next to the coffee shop as we were sitting outside, so Cara said to me "they are noisy" I said yes, so at the top of her voice she shouted "QUIET" everyone laughed, I told you she was smart for 17 months!! She is busy terrorising Ruby who gives me a do I have to put up with this? look.

Well best get on I actually need to water my plants this evening....who would have thought it????

Keep smiling
Marmite Girl xx

No comments: