Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Thursday 19 July 2007

Memories, like the corners of my mind....


Well, I know the press will probably giver her a hard time over the autocue (but to be fair she is 65, and a lot of 65 years olds can't remember where they left their glasses let alone an hour and a half of songs and talk - so give her a break), and the choice of songs, but when you have been recording for over 40 years there are a lot of songs to choose from and you'll never please everyone! Personally I thought Barbra Streisand was worth every penny, sure some of the talk was scripted, and she did sound a little hoarse in places (probably two months of singing would do that you) but the magic was there, the hairs on my arms and neck spent the night standing to attention, she was brilliant and I had the best time. If I could, I would have bought another ticket to see the Sunday show, but I do have to work for a living! Although I swear I have something written on my head that says "Idiots come and sit next to me" - it happened at the Dolly Parton concert someone was actually having a full blown conversation on the phone, it happened last night two idiots with a bag of chips sat next to me talked through half the concert, I did tell them to shut up, as did the man in front, but they were three sheets to the wind and it fell on deaf ears, until Barbra sang "Smile though your heart is aching" and then the woman started that drunk I love everyone crying, by then I wanted to poke them in the eyes with hot needles! It didn't spoil my night though, I was in awe the whole time, and the memory of that night will stay with me always. I did find out Lord Lloyd Webber was in the audience but couldn't get close enough to give him a quick blast of "Think of Me" so it's back to the day job.

Stayed at my friends flat in London and drove back today, thankfully the sun is out so I am dead heading the flowers and catching up on the washing. Got rehearsal later, we are doing a version of Canterbury Tales on Saturday for charity, it's to raise money for Helen House in Oxford, so it's a great cause, it was to be held in my friend Julie's garden but as the weather has been so bad she has booked a hall now instead.

Well gotta shoot off, I need to cut out a chicken mask for the "Nun's Priests Tale" if ever I did get famous and someone asked me the strangest thing I have ever done, it would be this..... doing the "Macarena" in a chicken costume ......told you it was a "VERSION" of Canterbury Tales!

Keep Smiling
Marmite Girl xx

No comments: