Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Sunday 23 September 2007

The long & winding road

Well Ruby had a much longer walk than usual on Friday, I had just taken her around our usual route, past the graveyard (which she will only walk past in the daytime incidentally) and up to Arthur Llewellyn Jenkins furniture store, then back down past the stream (where I have seen a real life kingfisher and a woodpecker this year) and made my way back towards my house after filling my gob with blackberries, when I saw some Jehovah's Witnesses walking towards my house, I can never say no to anyone, so end up listening for ages, or if I get chance I turn the lights out and hide behind the door, it's not that I want to offend, and I have nothing against any religion, but I have a hard time with people pushing their religion on me. Anyway as I had spotted them I turned around and took Ruby on another hike, I've never seen her drink so much water when we got back!

Saturday was very productive, I managed to sort out the shed ready for winter, dead headed all my plants, cleaned my house (for shames sake) and caught up on a pile of Sky+ things I had recorded. Just the ever growing ironing pile left.

Sunday was the usual Sunday Roast at my folks, it was my Dad's birthday last Tuesday but as my Brother et al were away, we had his birthday today, so it was full roast beef with all the trimmings (except for me as I am slimming worlding) and a huge Happy Birthday chocolate cake with cream (except for me as I am slimming worlding....boohoo)

Came home and decided to make some more raspberry and white chocolate muffins, but this time put a teaspoon of jam mid muffin, I'm baking some stuff for the Macmillan Worlds largest coffee morning on Thursday so will test my new recipe on my work colleagues (I can't because I'm slimming worlding.....I'm beginning to hate slimming worlding!!!) Off to weigh tomorrow and if I don't lose weight tomorrow after being this good all week you will hear the scream from wherever you are! Before I go to SW though I have to go and have a yellow fever jab ready for my safari, what a great day eh?

Keep smiling
Marmite Girl xx

No comments: