Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Wednesday 24 October 2007

Aaaahhhhhhh

Bit of a nightmare week last week, really busy at work, which culminated in a visit to a customer in Ipswich, the visit went very well and it is always a pleasure to visit Customers and Brokers, but it happened to be on Black Friday and it took me over nine hours to drive back! Never mind I thought Saturday will be great, as I will be away for my Sister-in-Laws birthday I had bought her tickets to see Ray Quinn in Cardiff and we were staying over in a hotel (my Brother was babysitting) so we got up Saturday, got ready, went into Cardiff, had a lovely lunch, bit of a shop, checked into the hotel, met a couple of mates for dinner, and then went over to the Cardiff International Arena ready for the concert......that’s where it started.

We had really good seats, and got settled there were quite a lot of young girls obviously and quite a few elderly also, so it was a real family atmosphere, so we settled down for a lovely evening. The support acts finished and Ray Quinn came on. In front of us however was a girl and her friend probably in their 20’s, this girl was absolutely plastered, as soon as he came on she stood up and was flailing about, tipping her drink over the poor lady next to her. The people behind me asked me to tell her to sit down as their children couldn’t see. I reached over and tapped her friend and passed the message on, that’s when the tirade of “F” words started. She then left the concert hall to go to the bar ….mid song!!!.....and returned with a triple Bacardi – now there is no way this girl should have been served she was paralytic. She returned to her seat and tried to grab the lady next to her to sway her back and fore. Then she grabbed hold of two little girls in front of her, until their mother pulled her off, more “F” words. No sign of a security guard anywhere! My Sister –in-law (Amanda) said very politely “look we have come to listen to Ray not you, and you are spoiling this for a lot of people” more “F” words. By this time her friend was so embarrassed she had left her and gone to sit up the back! She dropped her bag over the back of the seat so I leaned over to pick it up ….get off my “F” bag – I said I’m just passing it to you! More “F” words – so my Sister-in-Law said look just sit down and enjoy the show, she then tried to fight us, slapping Amanda. The gentleman sitting next to this drunken idiot wet to get a security guard who didn’t want to know – so in the end the man said if you don’t remove her I will, Finally a security guard came and took her out, and everyone in the surrounding area cheered. Just as Ray Quinn said “now it’s time for my last song” – so we only heard that and his encore, he was excellent, but the birthday treat I had been planning since June for Amanda was ruined. Why on earth would you pay for a ticket for a concert that you didn’t want to see?

Still we finished the evening off with a few drinks in the bar and watched Parky and laughed, and I know Amanda still enjoyed the weekend but you can’t help feeling bad that a really nice weekend had been spoiled by one drunken fool.

Other than that I’m still trying to empty my kitchen.....and only 8 more sleeps until I go to Africa......
Keep Smiling
Marmite Girl

p.s. Jeni B’s new show (albeit her voice only) Food Poker starts on Monday so tune in.

No comments: