Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Thursday 17 May 2007

Barbra, BAFTA and a Brilliant day!

Yikes......you know I said I was lucky enough to be going to see Barbra, I asked my mate who is very good at getting tickets to get me a couple, I said I can only afford the £100 ones, well he sent me a text saying got your tickets, so I went into excitement overdrive. Tuesday I sent him a mail saying "how much do I owe you with the booking fee" he sent a mail back saying " well the £100 tickets were all gone so I got you the £250 ones" I haven't had the guts to tell my friend Sarah yet, she wasn't that happy about paying £100......well I reckon she'll be worth it, upshot is I was going to M&S to get new underwear for my upcoming visit to New York, but now I think I will have to go to Poundland!!!

Spent Tuesday evening rehearsing the play, it wasn't good, we all forgot lines and got told off by the director for being complacent! Of course the Welsh Final is on June 1st, and one of the cast is going to Ireland today until Tuesday so there's no point rehearsing, and then I'm going to New York, next week so really we will only now have one more rehearsal together before the final....it's only a 3 hander.

Had a BRILLIANT day yesterday, my friend Teresa organised it, we went to London on the train, to see The Glass Menagerie with Jessica Lange. Teresa is a member of BAFTA so we went to the BAFTA place in Piccadilly for lunch, me being an amateur actress and extremely star struck felt like a child in a candy store, we ordered a drink and a sandwich and sat down, and Gina McKee was on the table next to us.......I did tell Teresa to kick me under the table if I was staring too much. I daydreamed of some director coming up to me saying "you are exactly what we need for my next picture" but no luck, and every time I went to the bathroom I couldn't stop myself walking like a model on a catwalk, in my head I was saying "work it, work it", I think this is the reason you have to be a member to get in, they take it all in their stride.

After our lunch we walked over to the Apollo to see the play, brilliant seats, the set, the lighting, the production, the acting, all outstanding, but Tennessee Williams left me a little cold, I kept thinking it needed another thread in the story, and couldn't help wondering if it came across a publishers desk today and didn't have Tennessee Williams on it would it have been published? It didn't spoil my enjoyment of the play though, the acting really was excellent.

After the play we went back to BAFTA and got a bottle of champagne, (I was hoping Stephen Fry would drop in, but alas he must have been busy) the staff are so nice there, so we stayed right up until our train was due to go, now there's a story there but it comes under "what happens on tour stays on tour" but the upshot was we missed our train, and had to wait almost 2 hours for another.....you guessed it, we went to the bar. Had an absolutely fantastic day, evening, night.

Got a list of things to do today......OK I never did get around to the ironing Monday, so that's first. Having Cara at the weekend, so childproofing the house is second, and then picking up Ruby from my Dad's, he was dog sitting as I was out yesterday.

Keep Smiling
Marmite Girl xx

No comments: