Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Thursday 10 May 2007

One of those days....

Not much happened yesterday, I ran a few errands mostly for my Dad and watched TV, has to be Loose Women now GFL is gone, but it makes me laugh. One of the errands was to go to the framers and pick up my Dad's newly framed pictures, which I did, they were beautifully done as usual, the only thing was, as it was raining heavily in my rush to get the pictures out of the car and into the house ready for Dad to pick up I caught one of the shiny new frames on the door and took a big chunk out of it!!! That was the start of "one of those days"

The second errand (again for my Dad) was to pick up a voucher as it was my friend Sarah's birthday, we are going to New York together in a couple of weeks, so I suggested a Boots voucher as she would probably want to get new "smelly" stuff. Well I went to Boots and picked up a card, and then when I got home noticed it said, "the new male design - keep yourself looking sharp" on it. Oh well perhaps she wouldn't notice.

I broke 2 mugs, by whacking them on the tap as I was washing them.....and that bottle of tarragon from the cupboard of death (I know it's my fault I haven't sorted it yet) fell out and broke my lovely spoon rest that I had brought back from some foreign holiday. It as at this point I decided to do nothing else but watch TV.

I did send Sarah a text to say Happy Birthday and what was she doing later, and got a pathetic text back saying, I'll be in the house I have ironing to do......I figured she needed rescuing from that, so told her I would be over at six to cook dinner! Sarah only lives 4 doors away so I trundled down in the rain, with her gifts and 2 bags of shopping and announced we were having a Mexican night - Sol and lime in the fridge, and enough fajitas for 8 people (I'm not good with portion control). Apart from one instance where I got her salt and pepper pots mixed up (they look the same apart from one hole difference!) which made the fajitas a little spicier than normal, the evening went well, we ate, watched Grand Designs where some poor couple took seven years and more money than I have ever heard of to renovate an old Tuscan Castle, and drank the Sol and lime. We then spent half an hour trying to get the lime wedges out of the Sol bottles so we could recycle them!!!

I came home, watched Desperate Housewives and toddled off to bed, so despite a rocky start, it didn't turn out too bad after all.

Keep Smiling
Marmite Girl xx

p.s. Good news Ruby has stopped hiding upstairs.....phew!

No comments: