Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Tuesday 15 May 2007

That's it...Never Again!!!

See I usually write nice light, frothy rubbish in my blog but today is a bit of a rant day!

I'm not reading the newspapers anymore, they just wind me up, I don't usually buy a paper (I look at BBC news website) but I do read my Dad's on a Sunday morning, after this Sunday I think he is going to start hiding them!

It started off with Paul Burrell, now even the newspaper called him a snake, and yet they STILL published all the rubbish he had written (and probably paid him), don't publish it, it won't be worth him writing it then!

Then there was a bit about Andrew Lloyd Webber, who wanted to find a new Jesus next for the musical Jesus Christ Superstar - now I admit I am getting a bit Greased, Josephed out, but the program makers said they were nervous of looking for a "Jesus" in these troubled times......wasn't Joseph in the Bible??? and who exactly is making them nervous? I can't imagine for a minute anyone from any race or religion would say anything, it's a musical for goodness sake, it's just this unfortunate fear everyone seems to have in case they would. Where does it end?

There were numerous other things as well, but due to this unfortunate fear I am "nervous" about mentioning them.

Anyway rant over, needless to say no more newspaper reading for me!!!

Not much else going on, spent yesterday afternoon helping my friends daughter, she is doing a "stars in your eyes" type competition on Saturday with Young Farmers, so I was helping her be Dolly Parton, it was funny, she has had singing lessons where you are taught DICTION, DICTION, DICTION, and how to pronounce every T and D and G, so I had to say forget all that, Americans don't use T's and we undid all those singing lessons from before. My final piece of advice? just remember Eyes, Tits and Teeth - it goes a long way!

Decided to get rid of the grey yesterday evening and dye my hair, of course no sooner had I put the dye on and a shower cap (acquired from some hotel or other) but the doorbell went! luckily it was only my mate Sarah having returned from her golf game wanting to tell me she had a blinder was something under par??? (it's like a whole other language) but had lost it on the 18th. So we had a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc and chatted and I left the dye on too long and now look like Morticia Adams .........

Oooo and how excited am I, I am one of the lucky ones who managed to get tickets to see Barbra Streisand at the Dome, and I don't care how much they get up to on Ebay I aint selling, I've waited years for this!!!

Well back to more mundane things now, have a pile of ironing to do!

Keep Smiling
Marmite Girl xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your rant made me laugh. Can I ask...? Do you work? I don't think you've mentioned it?

Keeping track of Jeni B. Despite what she says I think she is brave and I wish I was over there with her - i'm ballooning as we speak!!

Ruth

Marmite Girl said...

Hi Ruth
Yes I do work, in the wonderful world of Credit Insurance, but I'm off sick at the moment, had a nasty stomach op, going back soon though unless my lottery numbers come up of course, then I will be opening a piano bar!!!

I think JB is brave as well,the thought of three weeks of raw food, drinking grass and rubber pipes make me shudder.