Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Thursday 3 May 2007

Lists....

I've decided writing a "today's list of things to do" is useless, I inevitably end up moving most of today's list onto tomorrows list, so I don't know why I bother. Yesterdays list comprised of, take pictures to the framers, which I did, post my friends birthday present, which I did, pack ready for my weekend in Bruges, which I didn't, do the ironing, OK you guessed it I didn't, and clean the house, nope! Nowhere on my list was go on a wild goose chase to find replacement bulbs for the garden lights, which I did, buy 12 geraniums, which I did, and spend the rest of the day planting my patio tubs, I also decided after several attempts of finding something to cover it, to fill in my pond with pebbles so my Niece can't drown, it is a small pond, and I had considered (naughty I know) going to the beach and "acquiring" the pebbles from there, but while I was at the garden centre AGAIN! a wave of honesty made me buy 5 bags of pebbles and the pond is now filled, it still has a little fountain so I can have the sound of water.

So then I thought I would do the ironing in the evening instead, but no something cropped up, a very nice something, but still I haven't done the ironing. The very nice something was this......I was putting the remnants of last years patio tubs in the bin, when I saw my friend who lives 4 doors away cutting her lawn, now I'm not keen on lawn cutting and as the lovely Jeni Barnett (http://www.jenibarnett.com) is out of the Country for three weeks ( I was saving my lawn for her she likes to meditate while cutting) I jokingly called over, "you can do mine next" anyway I went back to my tubs, and a while later I heard the mower on my front garden, my friend had come over and cut my grass, so as a reward we sat on my lovely decking with lots of Magners and ice, some nice music playing and a pepperoni pizza. I figured after 3 Magners it would not be a good idea to iron. So there we are now today's list is huge and all has to be completed as I am going to Bruges tomorrow for the weekend.

My lovely Brother is moving in to my house with Cara so he can look after Ruby (who is still hiding upstairs all day) and my Sister-in-Law is coming to Bruges with us. How great is this, on the Eurostar if you upgrade which costs an extra £27 you get a three course meal and all the wine/champagne you can drink, I would try and go this weekend if I were you, because once they find out how much champagne me and my friends can drink I fear the prices may go up considerably.

Of course if my Brother wasn't moving in here, I wouldn't have had clean the house and change the beds on my list, but hey, I have left him a pile of self assembly stuff to be getting along with while he is here, so it evens out.

This evening I have a rehearsal, we are still keeping the One Act going just in case we get through to the Welsh Finals, and also we are reviving our Canterbury Tales for a charity do in July.

So the upshot is I can't stay here blogging all day, I have a list to complete, will blog some more when I get back from Bruges.

Keep smiling
Marmite Girl xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Bruges. Was this a trip inspired by Jeni? Let's hope you don't get a dodgy stomach like her and poor Jim!
Expecting to hear all about it!
Ruth x