Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Wednesday 27 June 2007

Einstein Hair and spilled coffee

After I wrote my Sunday evening blog I decided to have a nice soak in a bath full of bubbles, also decided not to wash my hair but leave that for Monday mornings shower before work. So had a soak, got into my PJ's, hair had got wet and I now looked like Einstein, made a cup of coffee which I managed to tip all down my PJ's so I just mopped it up with kitchen roll and settled down to watch The Chase.....what did it matter I thought I'm off to bed after that. Unfortunately half way through The Chase the flamin doorbell went, it was (thankfully) my mate CJ who lives in Oxford, she had stopped in for a cuppa on her way home, and to tell me all about her trip to Barcelona. She was dressed to kill, and sun tanned and looked wonderful, while I sat there with my Einstein hair and coffee smelling PJ's! Lesson learned then, you never know when someone is going to call, so try and stay reasonably tidy!

Monday was uneventful, work was busy and by the time I got home I was too tired to do anything. Tuesday I was off work, so made sure I watched the repeat of Great Food Live on UKTV Bright Ideas, then listened to Jeni on LBC radio, e-mailed in and it got read out by Jeni herself I felt really chuffed. Oh and I finally managed to cut my grass, yes it stopped raining long enough for me to trim my Kansas Plains, of course it was SO wet I looked like the jolly green giant when I had finished. Went to rehearsal and dropped Ruby off and my parents, they are looking after her as I will be away for the weekend (at the British Finals....I may have mentioned that somewhere!)

So there we are it's Wednesday already and it's back to being busy at work, I am going for a swift half later to celebrate my mate Teresa's birthday so looking forward to that (as you can see the diet hasn't lasted again)

Will let you all know how we get on at the British Finals
Keep smiling
Marmite Girl

1 comment:

Doris said...

I didn't get my email read out! :-( ;-)

I dunno, in the movies when someone curls up in their PJs and has an unexpected visitor they always look immaculate .... or if they have a cold and have been ill it is just a matter of a few tissues and not, say, the full scale mess I'd have!

I've googled for British Finals and Solihull and see there are a range of activities from Body Building to cycling..... good luck with the British Finals ;-)

Now you wouldn't say you were a foodie or owt by your blogroll?

Thanks for popping by. I'll confess I've popped in here before from Jeni's but didn't comment. I was curious because I used to read another Marmite Girl. It's a great name!

And don't diet!!!!! Just eat well :-)

Affectionately
Doris!