Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Sunday 24 June 2007

The week nothing happened!

Why no blog for almost a week? Well truthfully it was one of those weeks where nothing happened, work was extremely busy and by the time I got home if I wasn't at rehearsal I was flopped in a prostrate position on the sofa watching TV, drinking a glass of chilled Pino, have to say did enjoy that new series Brothers and Sisters though, cracking telly.

Had a great weekend mind you, had my gorgeous Niece Cara for the weekend, she is growing SO quickly, 18 months now and just a joy, she just makes me laugh all the time, on Saturday we went shopping and I bought her a plastic microphone so she could follow in her Auntie's footsteps, she was holding it right up to her mouth singing "twinkle twinkle little star" the words are not quite there but the tune sure was. My friend Moyna brought her the Ricky Gervais Flanimals book, which kept her amused for hours she just sat in her favourite place, (oh no not the very expensive Dora the Explorer chair.....the dog basket)and kept turning the pages and chuckling at the monsters, it was so cute.

Did the Sunday Roast ritual, weather is so awful we are back to the roast dinner, not the salad. Also had to take my washing up to my Dad's as my machine not working, un-repairable, new one needed, no money!!!

Was hoping for some dry weather to cut my grass, it is actually shameful now, it's like the plains in Kansas, I think I could hide wild animals in it, no luck though it hasn't stopped raining all weekend. Next weekend I will be in Solihull for the British Finals, so no grass cutting then either, I wonder if it's like dust and when it gets to a certain stage it just stops? I'm thinking of borrowing a goat!

Diet went well until Wednesday, then went steadily downhill, culminating in some delicious lemon cheesecake on Saturday ...oh and the leftover slices of said cheesecake today. Start again tomorrow! Of course it won't last, as I said British Finals this weekend, England and Wales (us) are on the Friday night, then Ireland and Scotland on the Saturday, buffet both nights, and win or lose copious amounts of alcohol and singing I should imagine. Did get excited as I have been allowed to bring home the trophy from the Welsh Finals which has pride of place and has been polished to within an inch of it's life!

Oh well better go, there's a walnut whip in the fridge with my name on!......WHAT???

Lots of love
Marmite Girlxx

No comments: