Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Monday 18 June 2007

Rainy days and Mondays........

OK what is it about a Sunday night that prevents you from sleeping.....is it an
in-built worry that you will sleep late for work after a weekend of lie-ins? Anyway didn't sleep last night, found getting up really difficult this morning, then between the rain and the traffic jam....speaking of which don't you just love those electronic signs, you are stuck in a five mail tailback and you see on of the signs, does it say why you are stuck? Oh no it just says "Delays Ahead" I felt like shouting no Sh*t Sherlock, then to add insult to injury there was a speed camera and a temporary 50 mph sign, when my car hadn't gone over 6 mph for over an hour!!!! Got to work late and wet and it went steadily downhill from there.

Just as well I had a great weekend, I had gone to visit my friend in London on a mercy mission, she was down in the dumps due to a lack of work, (she's "in the business we call show" well Opera) that and there isn't any temporary work due to the influx of Eastern Europeans. The journey up was a bit of a nightmare took me an hour and a half to go 20 miles! but I got there in plenty of time she lives just over the Hammersmith Bridge, this is where I realised I was singing my head off in the car while stuck on the bridge with the windows open and wondered why people walking over the bridge were staring at me!. Anyway we started on Friday eve with a nice bottle of red, Saturday had a lovely lunch and a jug of white sangria at La Tasca (now I'm not usually into chain type food but to be fair the tapas was good) Then we toddled off to see Spamalot now I must admit to going with pre-conceived ideas as I have never been a fan of Monty Python (do you get shot or something for being British and saying that???) but I had listened to the soundtrack and enjoyed it, anyway I have to say I was amazed, it was hilarious, we were still laughing hours later. We walked over to a favourite dinner haunt the Boulevard Brasserie in Covent Garden and had cocktails, wine and the most wonderful dinner, did try to be good but I'm a sucker for baked brie, and also for creme brulee so that's kind of where the diet ended! Got back to Barnes and tried to watch Doctor Who that we had taped but the tape ran out before the end (how annoying is that) then went to bed slightly tiddly and happy. Got up late, watched Music & Lyrics which was also hysterical went out to lunch and then I drove home. I think I accomplished the cheering up friend mission, but it must be so hard, a lot of people over the years have asked me why I haven't turned professional and I think it's that fear of not knowing where your next pay check is coming from, doing it this way I get the best of both worlds, a regular salary and all the smell of the greasepaint in my spare time. Not that I wouldn't say yes if Lord Lloyd Webber did knock my door!

Have now got a pile of washing to do but my lovely 15 year old Ariston has finally given up and has stopped working, so it's a visit to the laundrette for me this evening and a quick look at price runner on tinternet for a new machine!

Keep Smiling
Marmite Girl xx

No comments: