Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Sunday 3 June 2007

WE ONLY BLINKIN WON !!!

Just a short one today as I am suffering from a hangover of gigantic proportion. It was the Welsh Finals of the One Act Play Competition this weekend at Theatre Hafren, Newtown. Six of the highest scoring plays from previous local rounds, go to the Welsh Final, three plays a night. We were on the Saturday in the middle sandwiched between two comedies which was good, as ours wasn't a comedy. There were three of us in the cast, Gabe (who also wrote the play) Jon and myself. We started feeling nervous by about 2pm and went on stage at 8pm......at approx 10.30 we heard our adjudication by Sally Noble (GODA) it was amazing she actually said she didn't write much, she put her pen down as she didn't want to miss any of the acting, she applauded our Director Gareth for being a genius, she loved the set, the lighting, the mood, the music, everything. It was about half an hour later Sally announced that we had won. We will be representing Wales in the British Finals at the end of this month. After the awards were presented we went back to the Elephant & Castle for a buffet, and I remember the bar there closed at 1am, our accommodation was 2 doors down in The Black Boy ( I was amazed to find it was called this but apparently it was to do with chimney sweeps!)so we went back where the bar was still open for residents (and a few guests of the residents).....lucky eh? This is where it gets hazy but it did culminate is us getting to bed at 5.30am this morning, after drinking copious amounts and, if I recall, singing a lot, starting with all the old Welsh favourites and ending in requests from the very patient bar staff. We had to check out by 10am, I didn't manage the full cooked breakfast, just dry toast and coffee, and I had to get Gabe to drive my car back from Newtown, it's now 5pm and I am still suffering. So forgive me but I think a banana, lots of water and an early night is called for........it was worth it though, Solihull here we come!

Keep Smiling - I am
Marmite Girl xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your win, I saw the play, I thought it was brilliant, better than some professional stuff I've seen, kind of a shame it was only one act. All the best for the British.