Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Sunday 10 June 2007

Here's to the weekend & the sunshine!

Isn't it lovely to have the nice weather back?, especially when it lasts through the weekend. Last week was a tough one, going back to work and all, but I have had a such nice relaxing weekend. Saturday I got up late, and really did nothing, pottered in the garden, did stick the hoover over and cleaned the bathroom for shames sake, took Ruby for a nice long walk down by the river while listening to Spamalot on my ipod, but that was about it.

My Brother and Sister in Law called over with Cara who was a joy as always, they had been on holiday and had bought Ruby a ball, but Cara wasn't that keen on giving it to Ruby when she arrived so they were chasing each other around the garden. Amanda was telling me about one night while they were away, in the clubhouse on the caravan site they had a game of bingo, the lady was calling out the numbers and said "2 little ducks" so the crowd shouted "quack quack" and Cara sang out "ee i ee i o" (we've been teaching her Old Macdonald)

Diet has been going OK on the food front, but still having trouble giving up the ice cold sauvignon blanc especially in this weather! Drank a bottle last night while watching TV (I think I'm one of the binge drinking statistics!!! although personally 4 glasses over a whole evening ....doesn't seem that much to me!)

Sunday decided to get up early, sun was shining, birds were singing, sheep were bleating (although I have no idea where the sheep bleating was coming from I haven't seen any nearby) No sign of Jeni Barnett popping over so needed to cut my grass myself!!! Went up to visit my folks for the Sunday lunch ritual, now when I mentioned before about having salad when it was hot for Sunday lunch, there were gasps of dismay like I had said something illegal, but Dad called this morning and said "shall we have salad"?? I arrived read the paper, had another rant about what's the world coming to? (note to self STOP reading the papers and remain blissfully ignorant) had another personal sauna doing the cooking in the glass roofed kitchen (even though it was only potatoes and eggs this week). Lunch was fab, we sat outside and had our nice cool salad and caught up.

Came back from the folks, put up my hammock in the garden, grabbed a book (reading the new Jonathan Kellerman ....very good) and lazed for the rest of the day. Did manage to make my slimming world quiche (well they call it quiche but it has no pastry so I reckon it's a big omelette!) so I have lunch tomorrow. Sunday night for me is TV night where I watch all the second chance things I missed in the week as I am out at rehearsal(why is all good telly on a Thursday night?),and getting stuff ready for work. Didn't win the lottery again, so no piano bar! and OK I never did get around to doing the grass!

Hope you all had wonderful weekends too.
Keep smiling
Marmite Girl xx

No comments: