Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional!

Wednesday 13 June 2007

General prattling......oh and Big Brother!

How exciting, I got home from work yesterday and found a large envelope, with a lovely picture of Debra Monk inscribed with "Thank you for your kind letter, Best Wishes Debra Monk" on it, I thought that was SO nice, she really is Broadway Royalty.

Went to rehearsal, still going through the One Act to keep it ready for the British Finals, but we were also rehearsing Canterbury Tales, very confusing doing two at once!

Back on the diet we are doing The Importance of being Earnest next and I saw the size of my costume! In fact was making tea this evening(Quorn Sausages) and sat down at the computer to read Jeni Barnett's blog for today, she mentioned that one of the actors in the Globe had walked out just before press night because he had stage fright! I know stage nerves are the worst, but does he know how many of us poor amateurs would have loved the chance to be on that stage! anyway I got into reading it and burned the flamin sausages ....they probably tasted better though! It's not going to last though, I'm off to London for the weekend to visit a friend, so I know there will be fattening food, and copious amounts of pino grigio! I figured if I was good in between indiscretions it wouldn't be as bad as eating and drinking all the time, here's hoping!

Still haven't got around to cutting the grass at the front of the house, blamed the four drops of rain we had on Monday, I'll have to do it soon, it wasn't that bad but next door have cut theirs now so mine looks even worse! Seriously thinking of getting of it covered over in patio slabs or something. With working and rehearsing the only time to do chores is at the weekend, and in my eyes that's playtime.

Tried my best to watch Big Brother as that seems to be the ENTIRE conversation at work right now, and also I was using it for research, as we are making an internal video at the moment about what our job is, so we (the three of us in our team) are doing a Big Brother skit. Like I said I really tried to watch but I really don't get, I don't get how it is entertaining, I don't get how people get addicted to watching it, and I don't get why anyone would give up an hour of their precious lives to watch people arguing over food, and crying over straightening irons. So this is another thing I will remain blissfully ignorant over.

Well I'm off to take Ruby for a walk now before it gets dark, she's such a pansy she won't walk past the graveyard after dark, which is a tad worrying as they do say dogs are really sensitive, she's fine in the day but if it's dark, she digs in her feet and won't move....weird huh?

Keep Smiling
Marmite Girl xx

1 comment:

Doris said...

About Big Brother.....

It is an interesting phenomenon. My friends are shocked when they hear that my otherwise intelligent husband and I both watch and enjoy Big Brother. However, I have to say that this series has become most tedious and I am generally watching less, much less, than previous series.

It is like watching the animals in the zoo. When things are going well it does become absorbing and partly down to the way the show is edited, you can see some unlikley characters evolve or come out of themselves. Some great one-liners and some real humour. Sometimes there are characters one has met in real life and it is possible to learn how to handle such people differently.

But at the moment, unless you are already in and hooked (which I'm not this time) then it is so bleedin' awful and pointless!